Sunday 1 December 2013

THANK YOU READERS

It was with apprehension that i started to write my second blog. My first attempt at blogging was not that successful, though it paved the way for me to reach an audience i could not see. I wrote from heart, and still continue to do so. I have just used some tools and applied some time tested techniques to ensure my readership increases, and i'm still learning.

But all this would not have been remotely possible without your support and love. Be it Facebook, Google+ or Indiblogger, readers like you have kept my morale up. You, yes YOU, are the reason why i continue to write and am determined to continue in this path. Your comments have cheered me up and lifted my spirits. Each time you share my post and applaud, those few words feel like i have received the Booker prize. That's how important you are to me.

I started with 10 hits. Today, i reached the 10,000 milestone. Though many of you have hits more than this, for me, this is my first major breakthrough. I used to aim for the maximum hits, and would get dejected if it did not reach even a measly 15. Sometimes it was disappointing. But i realized its better to be original than to please an imaginary crowd. And it paid off.

It did take time, but slowly i built my audience, who accepted my words for what they are. Though small, it is an integral part. And you are an important piece of that. Be it Australia, Germany, Korea, Maldives, USA, UK and many countries from where you read, i'm happy you appreciate the thought process and immense mental and physical work that goes into publishing those few paragraphs.

However, i for one, could not have reached this stage without the help of a few people. They helped me in ways i thought was selfless of them:

My mum and dad. Thanks for the providing the creative freedom to write and the atmosphere of learning.

The team at Facebook, Google, Blogger and Indiblogger. It's because of you that i have an online existence.

Gautam. He suggested the name Murgi Baba....the rest is history. God made you from a mould and then threw it away. There is none like you mate.

Surya Kiran. Suri gave comments and hit the like button for all my blog posts. He is the God Father of Thus Spake Murgi Baba.

Vijendra aka ViJi. You know me since i was an obese teenager. Thanks for always being there for me old pal.

Dileep. Narsimhan, as rough as you look, you have a heart made of apples and honey. Thanks for kicking me in the butt whenever i was low. I needed it.

Shruthi. If there is one family member who encouraged me to write more, it was my favorite cousin Shruthi.

Serena. Many of the topics, specially for The Pot Belly Bard came during conversations with her. Hope some of your amazing will-power rubs off on me.

Tutti aunty. An occasional phone call from you appreciating my writing meant a lot to me. Thank you aunty.

Manohar. Manu, you egged me on for every post. Cheers to you friend.

Thanks to all of you, and the unknown reader out there. Murgi Baba loves you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment