Saturday 30 November 2013

THE POT BELLY BARD - MEN IN THE MIRROR

One of the most embarrassing things that could happen to a girl is landing in the men's washroom. It has been the subject of many jokes and pranks. This is the account of my friend who found herself in the unlikely situation:

Dressed easy yet nervous for the interview
I drank water so much the receptionist went "Phew!"
All of 23, this would be my first job
Though data entry, i wouldn't be branded a slob.

The company was multinational and huge
It's boss and his wife were Mr and Mrs Scrooge;
Tapping nervously as my name was yet to come
I could not help but notice the next guy's cute bum.

The AC and a full bladder were a deadly combo
The urge to pee was like duct tape to silence a jumbo
I made a dash to the washroom and turned the tap
"Gee", i said,"The water's warm" and washed my face in a zap.

As i lifted my head, faces in the mirror stared at me,
Our eyes met, i could count the male gaze and persons three
I turned my body, but they did not
"Uh oh!" said one to the other,"We have a lass in the men's urinal, Scott".

I had committed an inexcusable folly,
Barging into the only space a man finds jolly;
"I'm sorry, so sorry" said i and ran helter skelter
I could hear zips and belts fastening, "Steve, get her!"

In a safe spot i pulled myself calm and steady
A Bard heard my story and chuckled like a lady
I heard thy name called once and yelled twice
To give my best i strutted in, like Swiss cheese for mice.

The door swung open and i gave my resume
Little did i know the cruel joke destiny would play
"Ah yes! you remember us don't you?" and i trembled in terror
"We are your bosses, the men in the mirror".

No comments:

Post a Comment