Sunday 24 February 2013

NIGHTMARE ON FIRST JOB STREET, PART 4

Back home, some of my friends supported my decision. Some said that i was a sissy, and should have punched my senior in the face. There was even a suggestion that i should have tolerated the abuse, taken work experience for a year and then quit. That way, i would have at least managed to have a decent portfolio.
If you dread waking up every day of your life, hate yourself and become a drunkard; if the only thing you look forward to at work is going back home; if you think experience matters and abuse is to be tolerated; if you begin to hate the very thing you are passionate about, then you must be uniquely..resilient or a human condom. Abused and to be thrown.
As the saying goes 'I rather be King in a small Iberian village than be second in Rome', i would rather work for lesser pay and be appreciated, than be treated like a rusted robot. Yes, i do harbor feelings of hatred to this day for what happened to me. I did not deserve it. But, something good came out of it. I rekindled my passion for reading and writing. I realised my self-worth and gained my self respect. I learnt never to treat another human being like dirt. Each person has his or her own worth.
Today, i am on the anvil of beginning a new life, filled with new challenges and possibilities  I have embraced its beauty, and have become a little philosophical in the process. But, looking back, whatever happened was for my own good. It made me a better man.
Some of you who are reading this might have been through a similar situation. I hope you have found your strength. Remember, it was not your fault. If want you to scream, shout, laugh, cry and just act childish, nobody, i mean NOBODY, can tell you to shut it. Give them the finger. Keep that rebel in you alive. You never know when you need it.
God Bless. Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Picture credit: ScriptShadow.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite scene from the Shawshank Redemption. It is perfect for the last part of this series.

    ReplyDelete