Monday 24 September 2012

A MYSOREAN'S SWAN SONG

Words cannot describe the pain and fear i have for leaving Mysore. Going to an unknown city is never a good feeling all together. But change is a part of life. And life is not constant.
I owe my life to many people. I am what i am today because of the lessons they taught me. I have got the chance to start life anew at a place that has always shocked me just by the sheer sight of it. Nonetheless, there's no better teacher than life.
I thank you teachers of St. Philomena's, Sadvidya, Rotary and Mahajana's. I thank the environs of Mysore university for the breath of fresh air that rejuvenated my soul. I thank the last benches in these institutions that shaped me and my thoughts. I thank the roads of Mysore that enabled me to learn and reincarnated the biker in me. I thank the corner shop kirana Marwadi who loaned the chocolates and the baker who sold the cakes. I thank the auto drivers whose passion rekindled the Kannadiga in me and i thank the hotel's masala dosa cook whose very existence i thank God for.
I thank the neighbour's who helped me when i failed in home cooking by their delicacies.I thank my family for ensuring i lived a King's life though i was a pauper for money. I thank my sweethearts for the intense love rushes they gave me and their boyfriend's whose gashes are on my heart forever.
I thank the traffic police whom i called mama, to the college mates whom i called machha and tamma.
I thank you beloved Mysore, for all those experiences, lessons and much more. Without them, life would not be the same. I am now about to call another city as my step mother, but you shall always be my agony aunt.
Goodbye Old & Royal Friend............

No comments:

Post a Comment